1. 考试时间120分钟, 试卷满分150分。
I. Listening Comprehension
Directions: In Section A, you will hear ten short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. The conversations and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a conversation and the question about it, read the four possible answers on your paper, and decide which one is the best answer to the question you have heard.
1. A. It is satisfactory. B. It is luxurious.
C. It is old-fashioned. D. It is disappointing.
2. A. On August 5th. B. On August 6th. C. On August 7th. D. On August 8th.
3. A. A waiter. B. A butcher. C. A porter. D. A farmer.
4. A. In a theatre. B. In a library. C. In a booking office. D. In a furniture store.
5. A. She expected to a better show. B. She could hardly find her seat.
C. She wasn’t interested in the show. D. She didn’t get a favourable seat.
6. A. The woman often eats out for breakfast. B. The cafeteria serves good breakfast.
C. The woman doesn’t have breakfast. D. The cafeteria doesn’t serve breakfast.
7. A. Selling cucumbers. B. Planting vegetables. C. Cooking a meal. D. Picking tomatoes.
8. A. The man should work hard. B. The man should turn down the job offer.
C. The man may have another chance. D. The man can apply for the job again.
9. A. It is a hot and smoggy day. B. There is a traffic jam on King Street.
C. A vehicle is polluting the air. D. The man is reading a report online.
10. A. Its ending is not good enough. B. Its special effects are not satisfying.
C. It deserves an award. D. It is good except for the scary part.
Directions: In Section B, you will hear two short passages, and you will be asked three questions on each of the passages. The passages will be read twice, but the questions will be spoken only once. When you hear a question, read the four possible answers on your paper and decide which one would be the best answer to the question you have heard.
Questions 11 through 13 are based on the following passage.
11. A. $1. B. $2 C. $3 D. $ 52.
12. A. Pay the bills first.
B. Spend 2% of the salary on living expenses.
C. Deposit $1000 every month.
D. Put part of the money in a savings account.
13. A. Methods of saving money.
B. Saving money for family emergencies.
C. The importance of saving money.
D. Secrets of spending money wisely.
Questions 14 through 16 are based on the following passage.
14. A. Free education.
B. A sum of money.
C. Donations from a local newspaper.
D. Gifts from many people.
15. A. Let students in before school.
B. Offer ice cream and coffee.
C. Introduce a bank into the campus.
D. Reduce the traffic jams around.
16. A. It lacks positive news.
B. It should grow into a big city.
C. It is a place worth living in.
D. It remains peaceful and quiet.