适合初中生生阅读的英语小故事:I Need Water for My Clients

莉莎 1172分享

  编者按:不必要的、过高的需求会带来浪费。以下是一篇关于花钱买浪费的英语小短文,来阅读一下小故事,学习一些语法知识吧。

  Need Water for My Clients

  (我需要为我的客户提供水)

  Cynthia and George went shopping together at Wal-Mart.

  辛西娅和乔治在沃尔玛一起去购物。

  “I need a water dispenser for my office,” Cynthia told George.

  辛西娅对乔治说:“我需要一个饮水机放在我的办公室。”

  “What do you mean by water dispenser?” George asked.

  “饮水机是什么意思?”乔治问。

  “You know, one of those things that they put the big five-gallon jug upside down into.

  “你知道,其中之一是把大五加仑水壶倒过来放进饮水机。

  Then you can pour yourself cold water using the blue handle, or hot water using the red handle,” Cynthia said.

  然后你可以用蓝色的手柄倒入自己的冷水,或用红色的手柄倒入热水,“辛西娅说

  George tried to tell her that she had too few clients coming to her office to need such a dispenser.

  乔治试图告诉她,她的办公室需要这样一个饮水机的客户太少了。

  He told her to buy a case of bottled water.

  他告诉她可以买瓶装水。

  She could keep the bottles cold in the office refrigerator.

  她可以将瓶装水放在办公室的冰箱里冷藏。

  Plus, she had a stove and a coffeemaker in her office, so she could use either of them to produce hot water for her clients or herself.

  此外,她的办公室里还有一个炉子和一个咖啡机,所以她可以使用他们中的任何一个来为自己的客户提供热水。

  “A contract with a water company is going to cost you at least $30 a month,” he argued.

  “与水公司签订的合同每月至少要花30美元,”他说道。

  “And maybe you won’t even be consuming that much water a month.

  “也许你每个月都不会消耗太多的水。

  Why don’t you wait a few months and see how many clients you get and then decide if a water dispenser is absolutely necessary?

  为什么你不等待几个月,看看你有多少客户,然后判断买一个饮水机是不是绝对必要的?

  If it is, buy it then. There’s no rush to buy it now.”

  如果是,那么就买一个。现在不用着急。

  In addition, he argued, the trunk of her car was too small for the dispenser to fit into.

  此外,他认为,她的车子的行李箱太小,以至于饮水机不能放进去。

  Nor would it fit into her back seat.

  也不适合放在她的后座上。

  So, “end of argument,” he concluded.

  所以,“争论的结束”,他总结说。

  They left Wal-Mart.

  他们离开了沃尔玛。

  Cynthia dropped George off at his place, and then drove back to Wal-Mart.

  辛西娅把乔治送回了他的地方,然后开车回到沃尔玛。

  The dispenser was in a box that was almost the size of Cynthia, but she carted it out to the parking lot and managed, somehow, to get it into her trunk.

  分配器放在在一个几乎和辛西娅一样大小的盒子里,但是辛西娅还是把它推到了停车场,并以某种方式把它放进了她的后备箱。

  That night, when George called, he asked, “You didn’t go back to Wal-Mart and buy that thing, did you?”

  那天晚上,当乔治打来电话时,他问道:“你没有回到沃尔玛买东西,是吗?

  “Of course not!” she told him.

  “当然不是!”她告诉他。

  重点知识讲解

  That night, when George called, he asked, “You didn’t go back to Wal-Mart and buy that thing, did you?”

  那天晚上,当乔治打来电话时,他问道:“你没有回到沃尔玛买东西,是吗?

  反意疑问句又叫附加疑问句,是指当提问的人对前面所叙述的事实不敢肯定,而需要向对方加以证实时所提出的问句.其结构为:前一部分是一个陈述句,后一部分是一个简单的问句。完成后一部分简单问句时,要根据前面陈述句的动词时态和人称来选择适当的助动词进行提问,前后两部分的人称和动词时态要保持一致。如果前一部分用肯定式,后一部分一般用否定式;反之,前一部分为否定式,后一部分要用肯定式,即“前肯定后否定,前否定后肯定”。

  例如:

  These are important reading materials, aren’t they?

  这些都是重要的阅读材料,是吗?

  Your brother has gone to the library, hasn’t he?

  你弟弟去图书馆了,是吗?

  重点知识讲解老师|Linda

  公众号:小橙少儿英语

  本文为原创文章,版权归作者所有,未经授权不得转载!


    相关文章

    534964