1. RRRRING! The alarm clock rings and Clifford wakes up. MEOW. The cat says good morning.
2. POP! The toast is ready. CRUNCH, CRUNCH. Clifford eats his breakfast.
3. DING-A-LING. The telephone rings. Can Clifford come out to play? SLAM goes the door as Clifford runs outside.
4. VROOM-VROOM! BEEP-BEEP! Cars and buses and trucks whiz by.
5. TOOT goes the crossing guard's whistle. Now Clifford can cross the street.
6. WOOF-WOOF! Doggies play in the park while the people chat.
7. Then PITTER-PATTER all the way home. Clifford takes a nap. ZZZZZ ...
Clifford's sports day
1. Hi, I'm Emily. This is my dog, Clifford. I take him to school for our sports day. First is a sackrace. Clifford wants to try. The coachsays his feet have to be in one bag.
2. I find a very big sack. The game begins! At last Clifford gets an A!
3. Clifford sees some kids jumping over hurdles. It looks like fun. Clifford tries it too. Crash! It isn's an easy job.
4. After that, we have a tug-of-war. Clifford sees my team is in trouble. He helps us.
5. The other kids think it's not fair. The coach says Clifford can't play anymore. Then it's a softballgame. Clifford can only watch.
6. I know he wants to help my team, but he listens to the coach. He doesn't catch the ball.
7. But he catches the boy, just in time!
8. Clifford is the heroof our sports day. Good work, Clifford!
Clifford to the rescue
a: Hi, I'm Emily. My dog Clifford likes to eat and to play. And he likes to help.
b: One day, Clifford and I are walking. A car passes us quickly.
c: A police car comes right behind it. The police are chasing robbers.
d: Clifford takes me on his back. He runs as fast as he can.
e: He catches the robbers.
f: The policemen are happy. They thank Clifford for his help. I'm so proudof my big red dog!