第一部分 听力 (共两节，满分30分)
1. How many colds have the man and his wife had?
A. Ten. B. Eight. C. Six.
2. How is the woman’s mother now?
A. She is quite healthy. B. She is seriously ill. C. She is much better.
3. What does the woman mean?
A. Kelly’s perhaps near.
B. Kelly forgot to take her bag.
C. Kelly might be having lunch now.
4. What does the woman probably do?
A. She is a headmaster. B. She is a student. C. She is a reporter.
5. What do we know about the woman?
A. She didn’t work hard.
B. She cheated in her English test.
C. She didn’t pass her English test.
6. What’s Jenny’s father?
A. He is an engineer. B. He is a boss. C. He is a police.
7. What can we learn from the conversation?
A. Jenny lives happier than Mary. B. The woman doesn’t like Jenny at all.
C. The man doesn’t agree that money means happiness.
8. When will the man probably go to Africa?
A. This winter. B. This month. C. Next year.
9. How many people went to Africa with the woman?
A. Two. B. Three. C. Four.
10. Where does the woman work?
A. In Tokyo. B. In London. C. In Oxford.
11. When will the two speakers have dinner?
A. Today. B. Tomorrow. C. The day after tomorrow.
12. Who is probably Jane?
A. The woman’s customer. B. The woman’s boss. C. The man’s wife.
13. What does the woman ask the man to do?
A. Smoke less. B. Put out the cigarette. C. Quit smoking.
14. How old was the man when he started smoking?
A. 15 years old. B. 17 years old. C. 19 years old.
15. What do we know about the man’s father?
A. He quit smoking after getting married.
B. He died from a disease.
C. He had throat cancer.
16. What’s the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A. Doctor and patient. B. Strangers. C. Husband and wife.
17. Why did the man and his brother decide to go on a trip to Spain?
A. Because of a book.
B. Because of an advertisement.
C. Because of a movie.
18. How would the man and his brother go to Barcelona?
A. By car. B. By train. C. By plane.
19. How long did the trip to Spain last?
A. 7 days. B. 5 days. C. 3 days.
20. What do we know about the man and his brother?
A. They didn’t plan a trip at first. B. They got a lower price for their trip.
C. They worked in a travel agency.
21. ____Whites are spending their holiday in Hawaii, for they have great love for nature.
A. / ; the B. the ; a C. a ; the D. the ; /
22. She heard a scream , _______ brought her heart into his mouth.
A. which B. this C. that D. it
23._______ other children, the father thinks, Jack is ______ son.
A.Compared with; the most satisfied B.Comparing to ;the most satisfied
C.Comparing to; a most satisfied D.Compared with; a most satisfying
24.There are many new bikes ___ for you in the shop.I think you can buy one that you like most.
A.to be chosen B.to choose from C.to choose D.for choosing
25.The little boy was so careless with his spelling that she often______ letters from words.
A. left off B. left behind C. left out D. left alone
26. I still remember ______ to the Famen Temple and what I saw there.
A. to take B. to be taken C. taking D. being taken
27. ______ around the Water Cube, we were then taken to see the Bird’s Nest for the 2008 Olympic Games.
A. Having shown B. To be shown
C. Having been shown D. To show
28. The sky and the green trees were ___ in the calm surface of the lake.
A responded B reflected C. repeated D. refused.
29. We missed the bus. We're ______ to be late.
A. beneficial B. elegant C. bound D. annoyed
30. —— Hi, Tracy. Would you like to go to the cinema tonight?
—— _______, James, but I have to work.
A. No way B. My pleasure C. That’s right D. Thanks
31. If Becky hadn’t missed the bus, she ______late for the lecture.
A. would have been B. would n’t have been
C. had been D. was n’t
32. ____ in Harvard is _____ most students wish for.
A. Being educated; what B. To educate; that C. Educated; which D. Educating; everything
33. Smokers are well ______ of the dangers of smoking to their own health, but they just can’t do without it.
A. ashamed B. awful C. proud D. aware
34. After graduation she reached a point ______ she needed to decide what to do next.
A. where B. what C. which D. that
35. The problem is worth _________.
A. discussing B. discuss C. being discussed D. discussed
Once upon a time, there was a seed and because he was 36_____ a tiny seed，nobody paid any attention to him. So, 37_____ kind of inferior (自卑的)，the seed gave no importance to his 38_____ .
39_______, the wind blew him up and threw him on an open field 40_____ the hot sun. He wanted to know why. But without any 41____, he was provided with 42_____besides sunlight, sometimes light and sometimes water.
Time flew and years later he saw a traveler 43______ by his side. “Thank God for this. I 44____ need a rest , the seed heard what the traveler 45 _____,
“46_____ are you talking about?" the seed asked. 47_____ , he had seen many people taking a rest by his side but no one ever 48 ______ to him like that. “Who is this?” the man was 49________.
“-- 50_______ ,a seed.”
“A seed?” the man 51______ the big tree. “Are you 52_______ me? You’ re a big tree! ”
A moment later the seed, now a great tree, thought and 53______for the first time in his life. “Oh ! That means I’m not a small seed any longer! I won’t 54________unnoticed but was born to help 55 ______ people. Wow! Now that’ s a life worth a thousand gems!”
36. A. only B. right C. such D. rather
37. A. thinking B. minding C. realizing D. feeling
38. A. life B. world C. existence D. surroundings
39. A. However B. Then one day C. Thus D. Unexpectedly
40. A. in B. below C. under D. over
41. A. idea B. answer C. excuse D. hope
42. A. help B. fertilizer C. rain D. wind
43. A. sitting B. walking C. going D. passing
44. A. probably B. possibly C. certainly D. really
45. A. thought B. said C. talked D. shouted
46. A. Who B. Whom C. What D. Why
47. A. Instead B. Sure C. Soon D. Also
48. A. spoke B. treated C. acted D. nodded
49. A. happy B. annoyed C. excited D. surprised
50. A. Can’t you see? B. Why ask? C. It’s me. D. Don’t you know?
51. A. replied to B. turned to C. asked for D. stared at
52. A. expecting B. visiting C. kidding D. joking
53. A. knew B. smiled C. recognized D. found
54. A. die B. live C. appear D. disappear
55. A. walking B. foreign C. traveling D. tired