1. Xiao Caiqi, ________ 15-year-old girl, gave her_______ excellent performance in the Old Street.
A. a,/ B. an,/ C. a, the D. an, the
2. As the citizens in China, it’s our ________ to pr event Xinjiang from being away from motherland by enemies.
A. job B. duty C. task D. way
3. --- Wow, the pair of shoes looks pretty. Can I try _______ on ?
--- OK. Look, it fits you so well. Why not take _________?
A. them , it B. it, one pair C. them, one pair D. it, it
4. Children’s Day is coming. Look! ______ little children are practising dancing in _______hot weather carefully
for the performance.
A. such , such B. so , such C. so , so D. such , so
5.People living in cold climate prefer ______ warm colours ________ a warm and comfortable feeling.
A. using, to create B. to use, to create C. using, to creating D. use, create
6. Our school is so famous that ______ people come and visit it every term.
A. f ive hundreds B. hundred of C. hundreds of D. five hundred of
7. ---Are you going to take part in the speech competition?
---________. It’s too good a chance to miss.
A. No problem B. Thanks a lot C. Never mind D. That’s for sure
8. ---It’s very hot outside. Would you mind ________ the door?
--- _______. It’s the hottest day this month.
A. open, Better not B. opening, Not at all
C. open, Never mind D. opening, It doesn’t matter
9. It’s generous _______ her to donate so much money to UNICEF. Now she thinks it's important _______her to help children in need.
A. for; to B. of; for C. to; of D. for; for
10. --- What do you think of our performance on the New Year’s Evening party?
--- Perfect! I don’t think I can see a ________ one.
A. worse B. good C. better D. bad
11. Just as the saying goes, “_______” My cousin has made his dream come true after years of hard work.
A. Practice makes perfect B. No pains, no gains
C. Every dog has its day D. Actions speak louder than words
12. --- Now I am a member of the Reading Club.
--- Great! How long _______ you ________ it?
A. have, joined B. did, join C. have, been in D. were, join
13. ---Monitor, is ________ in the classroom?
--- No, Lily is out.
A. everyone B. someone C. nobody D. anyone
14. Every morning when the sun ________, plenty of people are watching the _______ of national flag at Tian’anmen Square.
raises, raise B. rises, rise C. raise s, rise D. rises, raising
15. --- MH Flight 370 has been lost for nearly three months.
--- What a pity! I wonder___________________.
A. that there will be the latest news about it. B. where is it now
C. where can we find it D. what has happened to it
I still clearly remember that day. My jeep broke down on the way home. I was on the side of the road for about four __16___with my big Jeep. I put signs in the windows that___17___, “NEED A JACK(千斤顶).”
Right as I was about to___18___, a truck stopped and a man got off. He sized up the situation and went back to take a jack. About two hours later , we finished the job with sweats. We were both___19___. His wife brought a large water jug for us to wash__20___ hands in.
I tried to put $20 in the man's hand, but he wouldn't take it,__21___ instead I went up and gave it to his wife as quietly as I could. I ___22___ them for their help again and again. I asked the little girl, their daughter, __23____ they lived, thinking maybe I'd send them a gift. She said they were in Oregon now so Mommy and Daddy could pick cotton for the next few weeks.
After saying goodbyes I started walking back to the Jeep, the girl ran up and handed me a tamale(玉米粽子). When I opened the tamale, what did I ___24___ inside? My $20 bill! I ran to the van and the guy rolled down his __25___. He saw the $20 in my hand, started shaking his head, __26____ and said: “Today you, tomorrow me.” Then he rolled up his window and ___27___ away, with his daughter waving to me from the back.
This family, working on a seasonal basis where time is money, took several hours to help a___28___ while others passed by quietly.
___29__ then I've helped many people like the family. I didn't accept___30___. But every time I was able to help, I felt as if I was putting something in the bank.
16. A. seconds B. minutes C. hours D. days
17. A. wrote B. spoke C. talked D. said
18. A. put up B. give up C. use up D. turn up
19. A. dirty B. clean C. cruel D. hungry
20. A. her B. my C. their D. our
21. A. so B. though C. but D. and
22. A. helped B. asked C. thanked D. invited
23. A. what B. how C. when D. where
24. A. see B. smell C. hear D. feel
25. A. door B. car C. hat D. window
26.A. crying B. shouting C. smiling D. screaming
27. A. ran B. walked C. flew D. drove
28. A. friend B. family C. stranger D. neighbour
29.A. Since B. After C. Before D. From
30. A. thanks B. time C. food D. money
What do you think of your Chinese? Is it good or bad? If you think you are good at Chinese,
You can 41 the competition named the Chinese Characters Dictation Competition(汉字听写大赛)。 The competition became popular 42 the teenagers. Let’s know something about it.
More and more computers and smart phones are used by teenagers. T hey spend 43 time on
the Internet in playing or chatting. They are used to 44 messages by computers and smart phones. Some of them forget to write Chinese Characters 45 . The teachers and parents are very 46 it. What can they do?
Not long ago, they found an interesting game called the Chinese characters Dictation. The program modeled 47 After the American show “National Spelling Bee”, where middle school students stand on the stage to write down Chinese via(通过)dictation. Over two hundred competitiors are from forty-six schools. The audience(观众)are interested in this 48 kind of competition, too. They would like to write down the characters 49 the competitors were writing them. But they found it was also difficult for them to write down all the characters.
Is it an interesting competition? Can you be the 50 ?
41. A. take part in B. work together in C. jo in up with
42. A. between B. in C. among
43. A. too many B. too much C. much too
44. A. sending B. send C. sent
45. A. at hand B. by hand C. in hand
46. A. crazy about B. worried about C. busy with
47. A. it B. this C. itself
48. A. usual B. old C. new
49. A. as for B. while C. as though
50. A. winner B. worker C. teacher
What are you goin g to do if you are in a burning house? How will you escape? Do you know how to save yourself? Please read the following passage.
Escaping from a fire is a serious matter. Knowing what to do during a fire can save your life. It’s important to know the ways you can use and show them to everyone in the family, such as stairways and fire escapes, but not elevators.
From the lower floors of the buildings, escaping through windows is possible. Learn the best way of leaving by windows with the least chance of serious injury.
The second floor window is usually not very high from the ground. Of course, it is safer to jump a short way than to stay in a burning building.
Windows are also useful when you are waiting for help. Be sure to keep the door closed. Or smoke and fire may come into the room. Keep your head low at the window to be sure you get fresh air rather than smoke that may get into the room.
On a second or third floor, the best windows for escape are those that open onto a roof . From the roof a person can drop to the ground more safely. Dropping onto hard ground might end in injury. Bu shes and grass can help to break a fall.
51. It’s serious to know how to escape from a fire.
52. In a fire we can use elevators to come down.
53. Windows can’t be used when you are waiting for help.
54. Doors must all be open so that smoke can come into the room.
55. The passage may help sav e your life in a fire.
In their last moment before the flight took off, I heard a father saying to his daughter, “ I love you, I wish you enough.” The daughter said, “Daddy, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough to.” They kissed goodbye and the daughter left. I could see the father was very sad.
Suddenly the father walked towards me and asked me, “Did you ever say goodbye to someone knowing it would be the last time?”
His words made me think of my father. Realizing that my father’s days were limited(有限的)，I took the time to tell him face to face how much he meant to me. So I understood what this father was experiencing.
“ Yes, I did.” I answered, “ But why is this a last goodbye?”
“ I am old and my daughter lives much too far away. Maybe her next trip back will be for my funeral (葬礼)，” he said.
“ When you were saying goodbye, I heard you say ‘I wish you enough’. What does that mean?”
He began to smile. “my parents used to say it to me . When we say ‘I wish you enough’，we want the other person to have a life filled with enough good things.” He stopped for a moment and continued, “I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright. I wish you enou gh rain to appreciate (欣赏、感激) the sun more. I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive. I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life seem much bigger… I wish you enough ‘Hellos’ to get you through the final ‘ Goodbye’”.
He then said goodbye to me and walked away.
56. Where did the story happened?
A. In a hospital. B. At an airport C. At a train station D. In a park
57.The word “joys” in Paragraph 7 is about ______________
A. pleasure B. happiness C. enjoyment D. all above
5 8. In the passage, “ I wish you enough” means that we wish _______.
A. the other person as many good things as possible B. each other a good life.
C. the other person as much sunshine as possible D. it enough rain
59. Which is NOT mentioned according to the p assage?
A. The father’s parents used to say “ I wish you enough”.
B. The writer was the father’s friend.
C. The father was sad when his daughter left.
D. The father wished his daughter to live a happy life.
60. According to the passage, why must we be wished enough pain?
A. Because no pain, no gain.
B. Because we can keep our spirit alive.
C. Because the tiny happiness makes us feel like the great joys.
D. Because the pleasures and pains in life are necessary